We Provide Emergency Dental Services in Plymouth Meeting
Suffering from a severe toothache or experiencing an injury to your teeth is distressing. You may be tempted to use over-the-counter analgesics and hope for the best. The truth is dental pain rarely goes away on its own, and delays in treating dental emergencies can lead to more complex procedures and high out of pocket costs.
Plymouth Greene Dental provides complete emergency dental care. If you need an emergency dentist call us right away!
We understand that you want relief quickly, and our dentist is on call around the clock to address your oral health crisis. From tooth pain to a knocked-out tooth, Dr. Kachur can help. Some dental emergencies require treatment within minutes or hours to preserve the affected teeth.
Common Dental Emergencies and Our Solutions
- Tooth Avulsion – If trauma has caused a tooth to become dislodged or impacted (pushed into the gum), treatment should occur within half an hour for the best chance of success. If the tooth can’t be saved, we offer traditional and implant-supported restorations to replace missing teeth.
- Severe Decay – If addressed early, a simple filling can repair a cavity. However, when decay has reached the nerve endings inside the pulp, root canal therapy (RCT) is usually needed. Dr. Kachur is highly-skilled in this procedure and, in many cases, RCT is the best choice to prevent extraction.
- Abscess – If you have tooth pain and notice pimple-like swelling under a tooth, you may have an abscess. This infection can threaten not only surrounding teeth and gum tissue but your overall health as well. Call us immediately so that we can begin treating the abscess and stop the spread of infection.
- Chipped or Broken Teeth – Badly broken teeth may need extraction, but chips and smaller breaks can be treated with crowns, bonding, or veneers.
- Broken or Lost Restorations – Problems with crowns or bridges should be addressed quickly to prevent the need for new impressions. If you received a crown, bridge, or denture from our office in the past, we might be able to produce replacement restorations without the need for a complete new work-up. If you are new to our practice, our dentists and on-premise lab can quickly and expertly produce shade-matched crowns, bridges, and dentures.
Prevent Oral Health Emergencies
The best way to avoid a dental emergency is by seeing us twice per year for regular exams and cleanings. If you do find yourself needing an emergency dentist and want to schedule a preventive visit, call Plymouth Greene Dental without delay!